Consular services and Information for Australians
Emergency Situations and Consular Support
Consular staff can assist Australians overseas in accordance with the Australian Consular Services Charter.
In case of an emergency after hours, consular assistance is available from the 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre in Canberra via the Embassy on +30 210 870 4000. If you have difficulties connecting through the Embassy's number you can call the Consular Emergency Centre +61 2 6261 3305.
Honorary Consuls in Sofia (Bulgaria) and Bucharest (Romania) are able to provide limited assistance to Australian citizens and can accept passport applications (by appointment only). For urgent assistance outside their working hours of 9:00am to 4:00pm from Monday to Friday call +61 2 6261 3305. Honarary Consuls are not open on public holidays in their country of residence.
Information for travelling Australians
- Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- What we can and cannot do: Assisting Australians overseas
- Consular Privacy Collection Statement
Practical information about Greece, Bulgaria and Romania
- International driving permits
- Birth, marriage and death certificates
- Getting married in Greece ? See also Marriage overseas
- Authentications and apostilles
- Bringing medication into Greece
- Changing your Australian Licence to a Greek Driving Licence
- Renewal of Driver's Licence
- General Information Regarding Visa Requirements for Travelling Australians
- Legal services
- Lost property
- Medical and health services
- Schengen Travel bulletin
- Visas for Greece, Bulgaria and Romania
Pensions and information for former residents
- Australia and Greece: Social Security Agreement (English version)
- Australia and Greece: Social Security Agreement (Greek version)
- Social security: pension payments
- A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services
Returning to Australia
- Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.
- Taking cats and dogs to Australia